Here are some iPhone games that I've really gotten into, just know this... don't blame me for getting you hooked! Oh and, they're all free because that's how I roll...
1. Candy Crush Saga (number one but everyone is pretty much 'been there, done that')
2. The Sims Freeplay (you can make them do what you want, they follow your exact orders!! Dream world!): I've followed the Sim series since Sim City/Sim Tower and have played the early versions of the Sims, it blows my mind that this game is on my phone and plays/looks/feels better than all of those versions.
3. Another Clue Solved: totally addictive and a waste of time but what fun!
4. Covet: Fashionista Moms? YOU have GOT to download this game, NOW. You put together, compete for and vote on the best looks with real people. It even comes with a feature that compares you to other players in your local area! Plus, you get to 'buy' clothes for your look book and can win virtual OR actual physical clothing and accessories. Are you sold or what?
5. Crime Scene Mystery: if you like look and find games, this one can satisfy. There are different murder cases that you follow as the game progresses to remind you that this isn't child's play.
6. Can You Escape: Classic room escape game. There are several versions available for this game, all totally free. What are you waiting for? Go waste time like you have tons of it!
7. Doors & Rooms (aka D&R): More fun then Can You Escape and looks better, too. Also, has many different stories to choose from and some are actually quite gruesome. Super fun to see the story unfold as you escape each room.
8. Cause of Death: Remember those 'Make Your Own Adventure' books? I cheated all the time in those. Well, this digital version with neat graphics and mood altering background music won't let you cheat which means, you die. So? Play again!
And the last two (at least for now), I am somewhat embarrassed to mention but I will share them anyway.
9. Surviving High School: from the same creators of Cause of Death, same gameplay but completely different story line. This game allows you to play as different characters in high school and you follow the story line while making decisions. All I can say is, it's fun and completely not embarrassing.
10. High School Story: A spinoff from SHS, this game plays similar to The Sims and doesn't really retain any similarity to the original but follows a similar story line. Not sure what these kinds of games are called but play it and see!