Since there are so many kinds of seasonal fruit, use what you find in the supermarket/farmer's market, allow to ripen or add a bit of honey to sweeten and then blend/mash, add an extra punch with a touch of vanilla or herbs. Here are some ideas that I never got to do, yet.
- Orange Juice with Strawberry Slices - I didn't work out the technicalities on this one. But I guess freeze OJ halfway and then poke in the strawberry slices before OJ completely hardens.
- Mint with Watermelon - Mash sprig of mint with ripe watermelon or blend it for more even results.
- Honey Kiwi Ice - I did this often as a kid. Mix hot water with honey, to your level of sweetness, until honey is dissolved. Pour into mold and add kiwi slices (or fresh berries).
- Vanilla Almond with Blueberries - Pour in sweetened vanilla almond milk and blueberries.
- Pineapple with Coconut Milk - use thick coconut milk (i.e., Goya's) or coconut creme, stir in regular milk for lighter consistency, mix/blend with mashed fresh pineapple, a bit of honey.
These are the molds that I have and seem to work well. I also mix up different flavors or colors of yogurt for more interesting taste and visual combinations. So easy!
Monster Ice Pop Molds - also available at Marshall's
Rocket Ice Pop Molds - also available at Marshall's
Standard Ice Pop Molds - also available at Walmart
Good-bye, ice cream truck!